Author Topic: Sylvia Browne is (Still) Unofficially Banned from Coast-to-Coast AM  (Read 599 times)

Offline astrostu

• Seasoned Contributor
I'm sure most of you probably don't listen to Coast-to-Coast AM, so I'm not really surprised that in the 7 days it's taken me to listen to and write up this episode that it hasn't been posted here ... Sylvia Browne has pretty much been uninvited/banned from Coast-to-Coast AM.

During the December 4, 2008, episode (the "truth" about Mars, that there are fossils there), during the 4th hour during questions, the last caller said he was a follower of Sylvia Browne and wanted to know why the guest didn't use her or other psychics to learn more about Mars, etc.  In response, the host, George Noory, states:

Used to have her on a guest, Rob, quite a bit.  And, uh, after she kinda, uh, missed the 'situation' in that miners' tragedy where, uh, 12-13 miners died, I haven't had her back yet.  But, uh, yeah, she used to be on quite a bit.

This follows from the West Virginia miner disaster back in 2006 where she was caught saying she knew the miners would be found alive (after a false news story reported it) and then turning around and saying she knew that they would be dead (after the correction came out).

Robert Lancaster has the text of one of the first times (Oct. 3, 2007) when Noory says he's chosen not to have her on, but apparently this unofficial ban is still in place.

I say, "Huzzah!"  :)

Online Evil Eye

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • THINK!
    • http://www.evileyemonster.com
Re: Sylvia Browne is (Still) Unofficially Banned from Coast-to-Coast AM
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 09:31:52 PM »
She has never been right.
"We'll get that information to you later" - Richard Feynman to Mr. Rodgers.

Offline astrostu

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 09:36:49 PM »
She has never been right.

Duh.  But this was yet another pretty high-profile miss.  Especially in front of the over 10 million listeners that C2C boasts.  And to have the host of a show that thrives on the paranormal say that he won't have her back because of this says a lot, I think.

Offline pandamonium

• Skeptical Beer Inspector
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • sprog
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 01:54:42 AM »
yeah, that's a nice slap in the face.  not that it'll shut her completely down, but it's a step in the right direction.  get's those seeds of doubt out there.  heh heh heh.

Offline MikeSmith

• Frequent Poster
    • My Strange New Mexico
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 02:07:14 AM »
If even George Noory doesn't believe your claims, then you really are on the fringe. 

Unfortunately, I just saw a woman buying a stack of Sylvia Browne books for Christmas gifts, in line at a bookstore. 
2012  <---Google Bomb it!

www.mystrangenewmexico.com

Offline DK

• Dave, my mind is going.
  • Too Much Spare Time
    • My Blog: Self-Indulgent Navel Gazing
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 05:16:57 AM »
Well, its one less way she can spread her crap.  Now to work on all the other mouthpieces out there.

So has this radio station just stopped Browne or all psychics? Not much change if they just swap crap for crap.

Online Evil Eye

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • THINK!
    • http://www.evileyemonster.com
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 06:53:44 AM »
George Noorey is a TB.

He even takes Chelation therapy. (sp?)
"We'll get that information to you later" - Richard Feynman to Mr. Rodgers.

personate-rain
personate-rain