Author Topic: Introduce yourself here!  (Read 312301 times)

Offline Gerbig

• Well Established
  • Stream Crosser
Re: Introduce yourself here!
« Reply #5685 on: December 07, 2014, 05:21:47 PM »
I was a member of the forums in the past, then the email I used to register for the forums decided to stop existing, preventing me from using my old handle.

Welcome back!  For future reference, we can fix such problems even when you can't.  Just contact an Admin.

You make yourselves sound like superheroes.  Not that you're not.

Hiya Gerbig!

Hello! I missed all you sweet people.
***Belgarath Appreciation Crew***

Online MikeHz

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #5686 on: December 08, 2014, 08:57:06 AM »
Stubbs is at Wazzu, which is in Eastern Washington, out in cowfucking country.

Used to work there. Yeah, it's the middle of nowhere. But, it's one of the most beautiful nowheres you'll ever see.
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." Mark Twain

Offline frothy

• Off to a Start
« Reply #5687 on: December 11, 2014, 02:56:20 AM »
Hi all.

I've listened to the podcast for about two years, so I thought I'd give the forum a go. ;D

Offline Skulker

• Mafia Pimp
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • I survied both forum crashes of 2014!
« Reply #5688 on: December 11, 2014, 05:55:36 AM »
Hi all.

I've listened to the podcast for about two years, so I thought I'd give the forum a go. ;D
Welcome frothy. Don't mind the smoldering wreckage. We're just recovering from a crash so it might be best to strap yourself in.  ;)
Advertising may be described as the science of arresting the human intelligence long enough to get money from it.
- Stephen Leacock

Online drwfishesman

• Seasoned Contributor
  • Local Despot
« Reply #5689 on: December 11, 2014, 07:18:58 AM »
Hi all.

Welcome frothy. Don't mind the smoldering wreckage. We're just recovering from a crash so it might be best to strap yourself in.  ;)

Oh don't mind him Frothy, Skulker's just being dramatic...sit down we're about to watch a movie....

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals". Kay, from Men in Black

Offline Skulker

• Mafia Pimp
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • I survied both forum crashes of 2014!
« Reply #5690 on: December 11, 2014, 08:27:18 AM »
 :hfive:
Advertising may be described as the science of arresting the human intelligence long enough to get money from it.
- Stephen Leacock

Offline benbradley

• Brand New
« Reply #5691 on: December 11, 2014, 04:15:45 PM »
Do I really have zero posts? And to think of all the time I spent on the pronunciation of "Bulova" ...

Offline Xadus

• Brand New
« Reply #5692 on: December 11, 2014, 09:54:15 PM »
Hello everyone!

I've been listening to the podcast for a while now and finally decided to join up and meet the community. I hope to have enlightening and fun discussions during my time here.

Offline Vis

• Brand New
« Reply #5693 on: December 12, 2014, 06:14:27 PM »
First day here.  I haven't heard the podcast.  I found this site from a post on FB
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.
Bertrand Russell

Offline seaotter

• Drunkenly yelling LITTLE WING!
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • My homunculus is a grammar troll!
« Reply #5694 on: December 12, 2014, 06:15:36 PM »
Welcome!
"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." Lewis Carroll

Offline Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Evilution's Worst Nightmare
« Reply #5695 on: December 12, 2014, 06:25:41 PM »
I was a member of the forums in the past, then the email I used to register for the forums decided to stop existing, preventing me from using my old handle.

Welcome back!  For future reference, we can fix such problems even when you can't.  Just contact an Admin.

You make yourselves sound like superheroes.  Not that you're not.

Hiya Gerbig!

Hello! I missed all you sweet people.
What, who are you again?

(click to show/hide)
"Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone." - Oscar Wilde

Quote from: Schlock Treatment, Episode 73
There is only one Johnny Slick, and he is a son of a [redacted].

Online AQB24712

• Not a Euphemism.
  • Global Moderator
  • Frequent Poster
  • Did you just call me..."Bacon girl"?
« Reply #5696 on: December 12, 2014, 07:20:34 PM »
Hello everyone!

I've been listening to the podcast for a while now and finally decided to join up and meet the community. I hope to have enlightening and fun discussions during my time here.

This is the place for that, yes.  Welcome!

First day here.  I haven't heard the podcast.  I found this site from a post on FB

Oh boy, another lawyer.  You can sit over there with The Irreverend and DG and H. Drummond.  Watch out for DG, though; he'll try to hand you a Foster's.  :cheers:

Welcome!
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."  Kurt Vonnegut
"You can bet your last money it's all gonna be a stone gas, honey."  Don Cornelius

Offline ApfelCider

• Brand New
  • God, I need a coffee.
« Reply #5697 on: December 12, 2014, 09:32:38 PM »
Noob coming through.

Hello, I'm ApfelCider.

The resident agnostic-atheist in my family, lover of astronomy, physics, technology, and gross bodily functions. I like piña coladas, crazy conspiracy theories, UFOs and Aliens, and cow mutilations. I grew up watching Unsolved Mysteries, Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious World, Rescue 911 (I will not a ride a riding lawn mower because of this show..), and I refuse to pay for cable until I can only get the Discovery Channel, History Channel, Science Channel, and all their spinoffs. God I love Apocalypse week, Hitler Week, and Bible week on History Channel.

Started listening to the podcast a few months ago at my job (400+ episodes are awesome for killing 10 hour days!)and I'm working my way THROUGH the backlog. I'm in the #150s so I have NO CLUE what is happening real time. Awesome!

"The magic chose the shape, not I. I am a bearer, I am a dwelling, I am a messenger... "
"You are an idiot!"- Schmendrick and Molly Grue, the Last Unicorn (1982)

personate-rain
personate-rain