Author Topic: Twitter your random excersize thoughts and workout experiences.  (Read 2550 times)

Offline GodSlayer

• Reef Tank Owner
Re: Twitter your random excersize thoughts and workout experiences.
« Reply #135 on: December 16, 2014, 10:50:16 AM »
so, I FINALLY got my first muscle-up last Sunday (a year ago I hadn't even heard of them).
...no more than 3 in a set, and struggling tragically for the third. it was after a day's workout, so hopefully I can do better.
my transition from pull-up to dip up is really halted rather than gracefully seamless, hopefully that'll improve as I get a bit more strong and dynamic. but, regardless, I'm pretty damn happy.
I've neglected 'pulling' exercises for most of this time I've started exercising again (after years of laziness), so it's nice that I've gotten there, and hopefully progress will be quicker now, since that's about all the encouragement I need to do a hell of a lot more of it!
Quote from: Dale Carnegie
When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion.

Online Harry Black

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #136 on: December 16, 2014, 02:02:52 PM »
Thats impressive! I spent an entire session once before I could do even one muscle up!
Its ridiculous how hard Ive found it to get a suitable bar to practice them.
I really feel that if Im ever caught up in an adventure like the Uncharted games that lack of practice will be my undoing:/

Offline DG

• The Prophet
  • Global Moderator
  • Well Established
« Reply #137 on: December 16, 2014, 04:07:44 PM »
Confession time:

I have been a bad bad person, and have gained about 5 kgs. I am up to 97kgs as of Monday morning :(

I decided I have to turn it around again so hit the pool for a 750m swim on Monday morning, then last night 30mins on the elliptical trainer and a bit of upper body weights (and a 4km walk with the dog).

Today kicked off with a 4km stroll to the office and have my gear to put in a 5km run at lunch (it has been a while).

"If you don't like the theory of evolution you should probably skip the practical".

Online Harry Black

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #138 on: December 16, 2014, 04:56:09 PM »
My boat is comparable.
Ive let my fitness go over the last month. Doesnt help that my gym wont return my calls about renewing.
But have forced a few sessions this week.

Offline lonely moa

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2014, 09:06:19 PM »
Great interview on the Paleo Solution Podcast with Phil Maffetone this week.
“It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child”

Pablo Picasso